Pixie Portal

Delve into Wendy's World of Knitting, Illustrator, Cats, and Pixie Magic.

Thursday, May 04, 2006


I was a Jazzercise freak many years ago. That exercise program, which is the closest I can get to cheering, helped to pull me out of a depression when I was in my 20's. I have a lot of fond memories of my previous instructor, Frankie, and other good friend Sherry jazzercizing with me. My mom joined me in going to Jazzercise for a time. And when the four of us were in a car, listening to the radio, and one of our Jazzercize songs would come on, we would all start bouncing and moving in time to the Jazzercise routine. It was a sight to behold!

So when a Jazzercise studio opened up nearby, my interest was piqued. I was impressed by their willingness to give me a free week of classes. And I was tickled pink that Karen was willing to join me in going to class.

On Monday, we showed up, nervous yet excited. It was a good class. I had a lot of fun, got my heartrate up, and made my face beet red.

But my body was SHOCKED by what I was asking of it. So I came down with a cold.

By Monday night I was freezing and snuffling and by Tuesday I was full-fledged sick. I took cold/allergy medicine but I swear that stuff makes me feel just as sick as the cold symptoms. Every four hours, I thought, "Hmmm, do I want to feel feverish and breathe only through my mouth but feel clear-headed or do I want to be able to breathe but feel sleepy and dopey and grumpy?" (dwarves!)

Anyway, I think I'm on the other side of the cold. I'm still snuffling but managing to make it through the day without too many fevers. I managed to make it to a Wednesday Jazzercise cross-training class. In fact, it was the only time I was able to breathe clearly.

I had this image of microscopic workers in my body wearing industrial clothes and yellow hard hats. And the foreman of this group yelling, "She's just started a Jazzercise class. Yep, she's jumping around and sweating and trying to breathe. We've got to open up her nose!" And the workers turn this crank and my nose opens up. (I know... I'm very strange! I'll blame it on the mind-altering cold medicines.)

In the midst of my three days of snuffling and snorking and blowing and sneezing (more dwarves!), I've managed to get 90% of my ponchette completed. I hope to finish it up today and have lovely blocking photos to show you tomorrow.

Until then, I'll leave you with a recent blurry cat photo. Feel free to add your own caption.


Post a Comment

<< Home